Businessman shot to death, partner injured in Noida robbery

Saurah Kumar


4/12/2017        Saurabh Kumar


In sector 71 of Greater Noida a 53-year-old businessman was killed and his friend and business aide was critically injured when duo were returning from a weekly market after supplying polythene  carry bag to vendors  and collecting money from them. The victim was later identified as Shri Niwas and his friend was identified as Vicky Gupta, both residents of Sadarpur Village in Sector 45.

The incident took place on Saturday night around 11pm . Niwas and Gupta were on their way home after collecting cash for the from vendors. They are passing from the service lane near sector 71 situated metro apartments and carrying the cash in a bag with them. The same time they were intercepted by four men who are following them on two bikes.

One of the criminal told Gupta and Niwas to hand the bag over, but the duo refused and confronted the men. Soon, a heated argument exchanged between them and Vicky confronted the criminal but other criminal shot at him he sustained a bullet injury on his right arm and fell off the bike. Shri Niwas jumped off the bike and ran with the bag of cash, police said.

Niwas was chased by the unidentified criminals for around 300 meters when they opened fire on him. He was shot in back. Vicky somehow managed to reached  metro apartment and informed residents. After that  PCR is called by residents  and he was taken to hospital. According to police Vicky is  thinking that Niwas had managed to rescues himself from criminals. As Niwas had managed to call his family members about the incident so his family members are keep on searching him and   after an hour  they reached  crime spot  where he was in pool of bloods  and taken to a nearby  hospital. After that he was taken to Kalish Hospital where doctor declared him brought dead.

Following the incident  at the time of postmortem  family members, relatives and villagers of Gupta and Niwas  in hundred of number gathered  outside the mortuary in Sector 94. They protested against the police,  alleged that if they are taken to hospital on time their life can be saved . The protest continued for half an hour; the group said they will protest will be road if proper actions were not taken within time.

A case of murder and robbery was registered at Phase-3 police station against unknown men. Refuting allegations of late response, Akhilesh Pradhan, SHO, Phase-3, said, “We immediately rushed the duo to hospital after receiving information. It was important for us.” Pradhan said, “The injured man could not tell us about the direction in which the criminals fled or how much money they had kept in the bag both the victims had a bag with them. We recovered 69,000 from the deceased and  10,000 from the injured. The matter is being investigated. As of now, there is no clue about the suspects.”

City sp Arunveer sing told that CCTV footage is recovered from the CCTV  camera mounted outside the Metro apartment in which five suspects can be seen on two bikes but the images are not so clear and headlight of a bike is turned off. We are doing investigation for their arrest.


You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.