From number of seats to average speed, here is everything you need to know about Noida-Greater Noida Metro trains!
Ashish Kedia / Saurabh Shrivastava
(02/01/2018) Greater Noida :
DMRC MD Mangu Singh and NMRC MD Alok Tandon today flagged of Noida – Greater Noida Metro for trial run in presence of senior officials of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and Noida Metro Rail Corporation. Initially the trial run will be carried on the short route starting Greater Noida Depot to Knowledge Park- 2nd.
Metro coaches had arrived in the city on 14th December after being imported from China. With the trial of Noida – Greater Noida Metro beginning today NMRC has move a step ahead in commissioning of this route.
Salient Features of Noida-Greater Noida Metro
Noida-Greater Noida metro route or Aqua line metro as it has been named is expected to start service from April 2018. Here are some salient features of this route:
- Trains on this route will have 4 coaches each and the seating capacity will be of 186 passengers.
- Considering the stand-up area about 1000 people can travel in a particular metro of this route.
- NMRC has ordered 19 train sets of 4 coaches each, in total the corridor will have 76 coaches.
- Seats reserved for ladies or senior citizens have different colors to clearly mark the reservation.
- The train has been designed for to run at an highest speed of 80Km/hr.
- All the trains will be using LED lights for energy conservation.