TRAFFIC ADVISORY INDEPENDENCE DAY
Independence Day Celebrations – 2017
Full Dress Rehearsal on 13th August 2017
Full Dress Rehearsal of Independence Day celebration will be held on 13th August 2017. The rehearsal will have the same traffic restrictions as on Independence Day. There would be elaborate traffic arrangements to facilitate the movement of dignitaries, invitees and general public to reach the place of function and also to ensure safe and smooth flow of traffic in other parts of the city.
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS AROUND RED FORT
The following roads will be closed for general traffic from 5.00 AM to 9.00 AM and only labeled vehicles will be permitted:-
1. Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail.
2. Lothian Road from GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail.
3. S.P.Mukherjee Marg from H.C.Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk.
4. Chandni Chowk Road from Fountain Chowk to Red Fort.
5. Nishad Raj Marg from Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
6. Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
ROADS THAT MAY BE AVOIDED:
Those vehicles which do not have parking labels for the rehearsal may avoid Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, Subhash Marg, J.L. Nehru Marg and Ring Road between Nizammuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge and take the route as advised.
Alternative-1: Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjang Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street
– Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and reach their destinations in North Delhi and vice-versa.
Alternative-2: Reach Connaught Place – Minto Road – Bhavbhuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate – Shradhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Peeli Kothi – S.P. Mukherjee Marg and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
Alternative-3: Ring Road ISBT (Kashmere Gate) – Salimgarh by-pass Road (Upper Ring Road) – IP Estate flyover and Vice-Versa.
Alternative -4: Reach Nizamuddin Bridge to cross Yamuna – Pushta Road – G.T. Road and cross over to ISBT and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
East West corridor:
DND – NH24 – Vikas Marg – Shahdara Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge will remain open to reach Ring Road.
Vikas Marg – DDU Marg – Bhavbhuti Marg – DBG Road
Boulevard Road – Barf Khana – Rani Jhansi Road – D B G Road – Punchkuian Road
Geeta Colony Bridge will be closed towards Shantivan. Similarly, Traffic would not be permitted on lower Ring Road from ISBT Kashmere Gate towards Shantivan and from IP flyover towards Rajghat.
Metro services on blue line will be as usual. However boarding and de-boarding at Red Fort and Jama Masjid Metro Stations of Violet line will not be allowed after 6.30 AM during the full dress rehearsal. General public may use Delhi Metro and reach at Delhi Gate, Chandni Chowk or Kashmere Gate Metro Station to further reach Red Fort.
People are advised to reach early to avoid last minute rush & inconvenience.
Adequate informative signages will be displayed for the guidance of vehicular traffic destined for the Red Fort at all important traffic junctions.
RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT AND INTERSTATE BUSES:
1. Goods vehicles will not be permitted between Nizamuddin Bridge and Wazirabad bridge from the 12:00 midnight of 12.08.2017 to 1100 AM on 13.08.2017.
2. Interstate Buses will not be allowed between Maharana Pratap ISBT and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT from 05:00 AM to 09:00 PM. These buses may use G.T. Road, Wazirabad Road and NH-24.
RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF CITY BUSES APART FROM RESTRICTED ROADS:
Local city buses including DTC will not move on Ring Road from 05:00 AM to 09:00 AM on 13.08.2017 between Hanuman Setu and Bhairon Road ‘T’ point and take alternative route available.
Buses ordinarily terminating at Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Delhi Main Railway Station will be curtailed/diverted as below:-
1) Opposite Ramlila Ground on J.L.N. Marg for buses approaching from South and West Delhi. Pedestrians can approach Red Fort via Nukkar Faiz Bazar and Subhash Marg.
2) At Mori Gate and Tis Hazari for buses coming from North, North West and East Delhi via ISBT Bridge. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Pul Duffrin and S.P. Mukherjee Marg.
3) At Boulevard Road opp. Maharaja Agrasen Park for buses coming from North Delhi side from Ring Road. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Lothian Road – Chhatta Rail – S.P. Mukherjee Marg – Chandni Chowk –Esplanade Road.
Normal bus service will be restored after 10 AM
How to Approach/Reach Important places:-
1) Old Delhi Railway Station:
a) From West and South Delhi : Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Marg – Azad Market – Boulevard Road – Mori Gate – Pul Duffrin – S.P.Mukherjee Marg to reach the Railway Station.
b) From North: Mori Gate – Pul Duffrin – S.P. Mukherjee Marg to reach the Railway Station.
2) New Delhi Rly. Station: There is no restriction.
3) ISBT Kashmere Gate
a) From New Delhi and South Delhi: Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road – Boulevard Road.
b) From North Delhi: There is no restriction.
4) J.P.N. Hospital : There is no restriction.
5) Kasturba Hospital: Ajmeri Gate – Ajmeri Bazar – Chowk Hauz Quazi – Chawri Bazar – Chowk Barshabullah – Urdu Bazar.