CBSE launches helpline number for Coronavirus, asks students to use DIKSHA App to continue studies
Aman Kumar /Lokesh Goswami Tennews New Delhi
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has recently launched a helpline on Coronavirus to make students aware of pandemic and seek any type of information for its prevention.
The helpline number is 1800-11-8004, which is toll-free and functional from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm until March 31.
The coronavirus counselling service is being provided by trained counsellors, hired by CBSE, who are informing the parents and students on all preventive measures to be taken and the interventions possible for the control of transmission of the virus from one person to another.
The counsellors would also be supporting the students in time management at home. They will inform the students about various indoor activities that could be performed at home to avoid boredom.
CBSE has also launched e-content for various subjects on DIKSHA app. The app will be useful for students who are now at home because of suspended classes amid the coronavirus pandemic. Contents for all the subjects from class 6 to class 10 are available in the app.
The Board has also added subject-specific question banks to the app, which is for “Creative and Critical Thinking Practice” for students of class 7 to class 10.
How to download and use the app for Class 6 to 10 students:
– The candidates need to visit the Google App store on their mobile phones or desktops
– Go to the search column there and type Diksha App
– The users are supposed to download the App from the store by pressing the download button
– The users are supposed to log in to the App after downloading and opening it
– Give the App access to the media files and other files it asks to
– Grant the location information to the App
– The App users must register themselves by providing all their information required on the App including their mobile numbers and email addresses
– Enter the OTP received and continue to use the App
– Enter your identity that is whether you are a teacher or a student
– Start using the App thereafter