J&K:6 terrorists, one Army Soldier killed in Separate gun battle in Sopore and Shopian’s Kashmir

Ten News Network

Galgotias Ad

Srinagar August 03: More than 50-hour long gunfight between militants and goverment forces ended in Shopian district of south Kashmir on Saturday.

In all, two terroriss , a soldier and a non-local labourer were killed during the course of gunfight which ensued on the intervening night of August 1 and 2 at Ittoo Mohalla Pandushan village.

On Saturday, one more militant was killed and his body was retrieved by the joint team of forces to conclude the “operation”.

Yesterday a terrorist identified as Zeenat-ul-Islam Naikoo of Memmander Shopian, a soldier and the non-local Labourer namely Mujeeb of Bihar were killed.

Two weapons including one AK 47 and one SLR rifle were also recovered by the forces from the slain duo militants.

A police officer said that investigations are underway to ascertain the circumstances under which Mujeeb was killed.

However, eyewitness said that the non-local’s body was lying in the area and was not retrieved by the government forces as they withdrew from the area.

Despite repeated attempts no senior officer could be contacted for comments as regards why the body of non-local was not retrieved by the joint team of forces.

The encounter broke out on Thursday evening at Ittoo Mohalla Pandoshan village after a joint team of army’s 34 RR, SOG and CRPF launched a cordon and search operation.

According to eyewitness youth took to streets and pelted stones on forces near the encounter site. The police and paramilitary CRPF deployed in the area used tear smoke shells and pellets to disperse them.

Meanwhile, thousands of people participated in the funeral prayers of Zeenat-ul-Islam Naikoo at his native village at Memmander village.

Another Major success of Security forces in Sopore Village, where 22 Army, SOG,CRPF Police launched Cordon and Search operation in Malpora village of Sopore while following credible inputs about the presence of terrorists in the area.

As the forces intensified the searches, hiding terrorists in the area opened fire, leading to a gun fight which was going on when last reports came in.

The army has already rushed more reinforcement in the area, they said.

A police officer confirmed to ten Channel that the encounter and said that the cordon was launched following specific inputs in the village.

After 10 hours long gung gunfight ended security forces kill three unidentified terrorists in Sopore Village and recovered huge arms and ammunition from them possession.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.