Civil Aviation Ministry issues guidelines for recommencement of domestic flights in India
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) today issued a standard operating procedure (SOP) for airports for recommencement of domestic flights from May 25, 2020.
Passengers must compulsorily walk through a thermal screening zone before entering the airport terminal building and all have to have the Aarogya Setu app on their mobiles. The app ‘will not be mandatory’ for children below 14 years of age.
Some of the SOPs that has to be followed by airport operators for resumption of domestic flights:
- Passengers should reach airport well in advance. They will have to reach airport two hours in advance of flight time.
- Passengers should wear masks and gloves.
- Those that don’t show ‘green’ on Aarogya Setu will not be allowed to enter airport.
- Aarogya Setu app is not mandatory for children below the age of 14 years.
- Sanitisation of baggage before entry into terminal
- At passenger touchpoints, staff to either wear face shields behind counter or put glass wall at counter
- Constant announcements about social distancing and other norms.
- Boarding will be done in batches to maintain social distance.
- Passenger seating arrangement shall be done in such a manner so as to maintain social distancing among passengers using chairs by blocking those seats that are not to be used, with proper markers/tapes.
- All airport staff to wear PPEs and hand sanitisers for staff and passenger.
- Newspapers and magazines not to be provided in the Terminal building/Lounges.
- Passengers will be allowed into the terminal building if their flights are within four hours.
- State governments and administrations have to ensure public transport and private taxis for passengers and airline crew.
- Trolleys will not be allowed in the arrival or departure sections, except for special cases.