Media banned from Hathras village, restrictions to stay till SIT completes probe, says police

Ten News Network

0 120

In an unprecedented turn of events, Uttar Pradesh police has imposed restrictions on the movement of media personnel inside the Hathras village, where the family of gangrape victim resides.

Hathras Additional Superintendent of Police Prakash Kumar on Friday said that “Restriction on the entry of media into the village will stay till the SIT completes its probe there. Due to the prevailing law and order situation, no political delegations or individuals will be allowed to visit the village,”

Since yesterday media wasn’t allowed to visit the victim’s family.

UP police has so far claimed that the forensic report in the case has proved ‘no semen was found in the private parts of the victim’ and hence the rape accusations were dubious.

Meanwhile, Police personnel have been deployed at the entrance of Bulgaddhi village, as a three member SIT continues its probe into the alleged gangrape case in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh.

Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed to ensure law and order.
The 19-year-old Hathras victim died at Delhi’s Safdarjung hospital on September 29, a fortnight after allegedly being gang-raped. All the four accused in the incident have been arrested.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.