UGC releases academic calendar 2020-21 for first year UG & PG Students
Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today announced the University Grants Commission (UGC) Guidelines on Academic Calendar for the First Year of Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Students of the Universities for the Session 2020-21 in View of COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Commission at its meeting held on 21 September 2020 approved the UGC Guidelines on Academic Calendar for the First Year of Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Students of the Universities for the Session 2020-21 taking into account the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
The admissions to the first year programmes for the session 2020-21 will completed by the end of October 2020. The last date for admissions to fill up the remaining vacant seats shall be 30 November 2020.
The Academic Session 2020-21 may commence from 01 November, 2020 for first year students.
Accordingly, the following calendar has been suggested for the academic session 2020-2021:
- Admission Process (To be completed) 31.10.2020
- Commencement of Classes of above students
- Fresh batch (First Semester/Year) 01.11.2020*
- Preparatory Break 01.03.2021 to 07.03.2021
- Conduct of Examinations 08.03.2021 to 26.03.2021
- Semester Break 27.03.2021 to 04.04.2021
- Commencement of Classes for Even Semester 5.04.2021
- Preparatory Break 01.08.2021 to 08.08.2021
- Conduct of Examinations 09.08.2021 to 21.08.2021
- Semester Break 22.08.2021 to 29.08.2021
- Commencement of Next Academic Session for this Batch 30.08.2021
If there is a delay in declaration of result of the qualifying examinations, the UGC has said that the universities may plan and start the academic session by 18 November 2020. The teaching learning process may continue in offline/online/blended mode.
In order to avoid financial hardship being faced by the parents due to lockdown and related factors, full refund of fees be made on account of all cancellation of admissions/ migration of students, up to 30 November, 2020, for this very session as special case. To be crystal clear, the entire fees including all charges be refunded in totality (Zero Cancellation charges) on account of cancellation/migration up to 30 November, 2020. Therefore, on cancellation/withdrawal of admissions up to 31 December, 2020, the entire fee collected form a student be refunded in full after deduction of not more than Rs. 1000/- as processing fee.
Update: The academic calendar 20-21 has now been withdrawn by the UGC. However, the above dates can be considered as tentative.