Gr Noida: 12-year-old dies of electrocution during Ganesh Chaturthi fair

Ten News Network

Greater Noida, 2nd September, 2022:  In a ghastly incident thay occured on Thursday, one 12 year old child died after he and another boy were allegedly electrocuted during a Ganesh Chaturthi event happening in Greater Noida.

The incident occurred about 8.30 pm at the Ganpati fair organized at City Park, Alpha-2 in Greater Noida.

Two boys, aged 12 and three, were electrocuted while descending down an iron ladder after getting off a swing, officials said.

According to police, a crew from Beta-2 police station, which was present at the scene, instantly took the boys to Kailash Hospital, where one of them was declared brought dead.

While the three-year-old’s condition is stable, the deceased’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination.

As per the Station House Officer Anil Kumar of Beta-2 police station, the two boys were getting off a ‘train ride’ swing when the accident occurred.

An FIR has been lodged under Section 304A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code against the fair’s organisers, including Chandrashekhar Garg, Rajeev Gupta and Ankit Jain Organisers themselves had got this swing installed, according to Noida police. Further investigation is underway.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.