New Delhi (21/11/2019): Today at Jantar Mantar, thousands of members from Coordination of Bank Pensioners and Retirees Organisations (Federation of SBI Pensioners Association, AIBPARC, RBONC, AIRBEA & FORBE) gathered together and raised their voice against government pension schemes.
“These people have been taking up their long pending genuine grievances with the Dept of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India and Indian Banks Association”, said KV Acharya, President, All India Bank Pensioners and Retirees Confederation.
While interacting with Ten News, KV Acharya also added that Government and IBA have shown an indifferent attitude for an early resolution of long pending issues which were:
1. Early Wage Settlement for Serving Officers and Employees as their Charter of demands also includes the issues of Bank Pensioners and Retirees.
2. Uniform Family Pension at par with Government and RBI Family Pension.
3. Updation/Revision of Pension to all Banks Pensioners and improvement in the amount of Ex-Gratia payment to Pre-1986 Retirees.
4. Absorption/Reimbursement of Medical Insurance Premium towards IBA’s Medical Insurance Scheme for Bank Retirees by the Banks and alternatively introduction of Health Care Scheme for Bank Retirees on the lines of CGHS.
5. 100% DA Neutralisation for Pensioners who retired prior to November — 2002 to remove the discrimination vis-a-vis all other pensioners.
6. Reckoning of Special Allowance introduced w.e.f. 01.11.2012 for the purposes of Computation of Pension and Gratuity.
7. Scrapping of New Pension Scheme by extending existing Pension Scheme to all Employees and Officers irrespective of their date of joining service.