Goel raises “Five Questions” on price rise, Challenges Chief Minister to come up with answers
government for lack of resolve in controlling the spiraling prices of essential commodities especially
Shri Goel said, “The skyrocketing prices of potatoes, tomatoes and onions are all approaching Rs 100
Kg each. They are even costlier that petrol or diesel now. With the food inflation already hovering
at 18% to 19%, and now the prices of vegetables shooting up, the common people are founding this
burden unbearable now.”
The prices of vegetables continue to shoot up and they have gone beyond the reach of middle
and low income groups. But the Congress government seems to be sleeping on this issue. The
statements by various Congress ministers are turning out to be hollow promises. For many months
now, the Congress government has been assuring Delhi residents that the prices will be brought
under control soon but the ground realties speak otherwise.
“What we are witnessing today is complete policy paralysis at all levels. Add to that the insensitivity
of Congress Chief Minister and ministers and other leaders. The result is that common people are
In context of the inflation issue, Shri Goel raised following five questions today seeking anwer
from Congress government
1. Why Congress government is not stopping export of onions?
2. Why the Delhi government did not respond to NAFED’s repeated requests of arranging
supply of onions for Delhi through imports well in advance?
3. Why the food and civil supplies minister Haroon Yusuf is not being sacked for complete
failure to control prices and ensure enough supplies?
4. What action has been initiated against those government officials who are responsible for
monitoring prices and doing crisis management on price front ?
5. Why such poor quality onion which is not fit for human consumption is often provided
through government run outlets?